Freephone Helpline

For confidential advice, care and support then call 0800 8766 773 between 5.00pm & 10.00pm.

Out of hours

The freephone helpline is available Monday - Saturday. Please call
020 7476 3180 at any other time and leave a message. We will get back to you as soon as possible.

Elms Header image

Benefits & Compensation

If you are diagnosed with mesothelioma, you and your family may be entitled to Department for Work & Pensions (DWP) benefits and/or compensation from employers.

Industrial Injuries Disablement Benefit (IIDB)

This benefit is paid by the Department for Work & Pensions (DWP) www.dwp.gov.uk
to people who have been injured through an accident or who have developed an illness through work.

This can be paid very quickly and you should make a claim as soon as possible so that you don’t lose out on benefits you may be entitled to.

To claim IIDB you should contact your local Jobcentre Plus, or ring the DWP enquiry line (0800 88 22 00) and ask to be sent form B1 100PN.

Other Benefits

If you get IIDB you should ask for the Benefits Agency leaflet SD1 "Sick or Disabled". This will give you full details of the following benefits that you may be eligible for and should claim for:

Your carer/partner, and/or children may also be able to claim for certain benefits to reflect the help they are giving you.

Pneumoconiosis etc. (Worker's Compensation) Act 1979

If you have mesothelioma or another serious asbestos condition, you may be entitled to a lump sum payment under the Pneumoconiosis etc. (Worker's Compensation) Act 1979. You can get a form for this by phoning 0800 279 2322.

We can help you with the forms and put you in touch with solicitors for benefits advice. contact us for specific advice based on your circumstances.